Friday, October 2, 2015

Meet My Arch Cat Rival, Ivan The Blue



Meet My Arch Cat Rival, Ivan!

Tails From The Park (Series 4) is coming out on October 15. Here's a preview from the chapter Amanda.

A few of his gang became unruly and the lieutenants had to scramble to keep control. Ivan held me down with one massive paw on my upper body. It was getting harder to breathe. His eyes flashed when he turned his head toward me. He opened his mouth and bared his giant fangs. From behind him Amanda jumped onto his back and drove her teeth into his side. He howled and shook her off. I watched as she landed against the sliding glass door. 
She got back up onto her paws and growled. When she stepped out, the floor seemed to jump under us. The deck became a mass of grey bodies as the gangsters flung themselves in all directions, trying to beat a hasty retreat as best they could. In a matter of seconds only Amanda, Ivan, his two lieutenants and I were left on the deck. I had double vision but I could see that the kitchen light had come on. The door’s lock unlatched and a whoosh of hot air ruffled Amanda’s fur. Unnerved Ivan’s lieutenants growled in that guttural foreign tongue of theirs. He moved and the pressure on my shoulder let up enough for me to pull myself out from under his big paw. Free, I backed up, which forced Amanda against the sliding glass door. The vertical blinds slapped wildly back and forth as the light threw itself and its shadows across the deck as my mom appeared over us. 
Spooked, the lieutenants backed away, almost falling off the front steps finally Ivan turned and then slowly almost casually he walked down the steps. 
I heard Mom’s voice, “Max, who’s your little friend there…honey?” How she missed seeing my tormenter I could only guess. My dad appeared, his head sticking out into the cold.

My other books are available on Amazon now.  Get more Max and a lot of Maxitude!

Max

No comments:

Post a Comment