Friday, September 25, 2015

Writing Is Work

But Storytelling Is Fun

Usually I leave the computer work to +Tim Hammill but every once in a while I like to...play around on the keyboard.

I had fun telling the stories in the latest book. Do you have Tails From The Park (Series 3)? Here's a little bit about how I got really cool with sunglasses.

She followed my gaze to her jewellery, and exclaimed, “I know, I can make you look really, really cool.”
She flung herself out of bed and from a chest of drawers pulled out a pair of blue jeans. Sticking one long leg then the other into them she forced herself into the tight pants. She grabbed a T-shirt that proclaimed, ‘custom shades by Stormi.’ Pulling the garment up and over her head, she flipped her mass of blonde hair about in the air. Now, she was ready to make me cool.
She picked me up off the bed and we ran down the hallway. She placed me on the work table, rummaged through a box on the floor, and pulled out a clear plastic bag filled with sunglasses marked ‘Baby shades-2 years old’.
“Oh, this is going to be a blast!” she exclaimed.
She worked in a frenzy, popping the dark lenses out of the frames. Placing them off to one side of her work bench, she cut the frames in places, and added plastic pieces where needed. We went through six or seven pair before she got her adjustments correct. They sat on my nose just fine and weren’t too heavy. The problem was with the ear pieces.
“You see, kid, your ears are in a totally different place than my usual customers. I’m going to have to make an extra bit of plastic that fits over your head a little on both sides and then mold the ear pieces around the back. Then, I’ll add a band of elastic to keep the glasses on.”
After the last of the final adjustments she slipped the glasses onto my head. I was sleepy so it didn’t bother me in the least. When she was finished, I curled up into a ball and nodded off to Z land.
Head bumps!

Max

No comments:

Post a Comment