Saturday, September 19, 2015

The Fixer - Tails From The Park (Series 3) Excerpt

Food, An All-Time Favorite


How I Steal The Show

In my new Series 3 of Tails From The Park I get into trouble in the story The Fixer...of course. But I also steal the show from the food personality. You can get the book here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013AOZ6C4

Enjoy this tasty excerpt:
My time had come. This was going to be my best and maybe only chance to grab some of that heavenly, stinky fish. Instantly, my night vision turned on.

I leapt onto the table, brushing against a young girl who said “What’s that?” I sniffed the first bowl, no, the second no, the third bingo, anchovies…I was there. I was just about to dip into that utterly beautiful grilled fish when the light came back on. When that young girl, who I bumped into saw me and screamed.

Wendy rushed forward to my rescue. She stood in back of me as Tony strode up to us saying in his jovial voice, “And what do we have here?”

He leaned forward, with a dish of meat and grilled fish in his hands. The smell from the new dish got my attention. I reached out my paw, and I made contact with his hand. This brought me to an almost standing position. I let out an extremely polite “Meow” short but to the point, followed by a loud steady purr. Now you have to understand that my purrs are quite different from most cats. Not having a mother to learn from, I sort of made mine up much later in life. It turned out loud and rough.

Tony bent down. He held up his hand for quiet. I lifted my head closer to his ear and purred in my broken husky style. He exclaimed, “Now that’s what I’m talking about here, a fan of your grilled fish.”
 The humans are working on Book 4. And...
A paperback collection of all my stories which will be out for the Holidays. It's so great being a cat, telling my stories, and having the humans do the work.

Let me know what you think of this new book. I love my readers. Purrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment