Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Kitty Chocolate Poisoning


Chocolate Poisoning!

I ate chocolate and lived to tell you. You can read about my extraordinary chocolate experience in a later book in the Tails from the Park book series.  For now, just make sure you don't feed chocolate to your cat, not even a tiny bite.

Here's what Web MD for Cats has to say. 

ChocolateChocolate can be lethal for cats. Although most cats won't eat it on their own, they can be coaxed to eat it by owners and others who think they are giving the cat a treat. The toxic agent in chocolate is theobromine. It's in all kinds of chocolate, even white chocolate. The most dangerous kinds, though, are dark chocolate and unsweetened baking chocolate. Eating chocolate can cause abnormal heart rhythm, tremors, seizures, and death.

I'm a cheerful happy fellow, but this stuff is really powerfully bad for cats. Just because I ate chocolate...once...don't let your kitty follow my example.

Hey, trouble finds me. Don't let it find your cat.

#cat chocolate poisoning #cat health 


No comments:

Post a Comment