Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Meet My Antagonist

Maintenance Man

He's Always After Me

In every story in Tails From The Park I'm confronted by trouble and it comes in many forms: bikers, big dogs, The Vet, a school bully, a thief, well, you get the idea. But my constant nemesis is the Park's Maintenance Man.

Maintenance Man patrols the park on an electric cart armed with various tools. His job is to keep the Park looking good. He does odd repairs, freshens up the buildings with paint, and sends wandering animals off to the Pound! No place I want to be. 

Every time he sees me he is ready to capture me.

Tim, my cat translator and co-author, tells me stories need a strong antagonist. Well, this guy is trouble walking, err, riding a cart.

In my new book Kathmandu Maintenance Man is definitely out to get me. OK, the book isn't finished yet, but I know the story. Join the Max Gang for monthly mews and updates on my publishing dates. 

#TheMaxtor


No comments:

Post a Comment